8.22.2007

Give It All

2 Corinthians 12:9 - But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

I know I have not written anything in a long time, but those of you that are close to me know that I have not had the time! Today however, I have been struck with the awesome wonder of God. I had to pause for a second (eventhough you didn't know I stopped typing), and it actually just happened again! God never ceases to amaze me with His grace. On Sunday I was praying for God to heal my heart and honestly praised Him for the trial I was dealing with. I thanked Him for taking me through the hard time because I knew He was going to teach me through it. This is when the process started. There was a phone call...then patience...another call...more patience...emails...more and more patience...then God's peace took over this morning.

What happened was I have been struggling with something that has been eating away at me for a while. When I say struggling, I don't mean the kind of struggling that is just a nagging feeling...I mean the type of struggling that you can't stop thinking of the problem, you struggle to go to sleep, you struggle not to say anything to the problem that is the cause of your struggle, and the type that you think of a million ways to "fix" the problem so you can stop struggling... So this morning after my quiet time I was praying and my thoughts began to wonder to the "struggle" I was dealing with and a million differect scenarios of how it could play out. Then I got so annoyed at myself for thinking about it and it occurred to me that I had not given it to God. So right then I said God, I am putting this in your hands to deal with and I know that You are going to take care of it. I am giving this to you. I didn't know how He was going to resolve it, but it was resolved for me this morning by one simple phone call. I laughed afterwards and thanked God for just being amazing and always taking care of me even when I am at my worst.

We never know what God is up to and it is so hard to give up control and just wait for what He has for us. It is against my nature to give things up like that. The important thing is to remember that God always has your best interest at heart. He will always love you and teach you through your struggles. Let Him take care of it for you even if it is scary to let go and praise Him for allowing you to go through what you are. What He will teach you if you allow Him will grow you spiritually and God will use that to bring glory to Him.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Glad things are getting resolved...Still crazy busy?