12.01.2009

Today was a great day. Since yesterday was so tough, I guess that is to be expected. I found myself very busy and feeling overwhelmed with a peace that can only come from people praying for me. I have been thinking a lot about things in my life and have realized how very blessed I am. I guess with Christmas just around the corner, it makes me very thankful for people in my life. There have been so many people recently that are experiencing very upsetting and trying situations, and it makes me wonder what kind of friend I have been to them.

Our lives can become so selfish at times. I know I am guilty of it. There are days where I am thinking about myself, and miss the opportunities to serve someone else because of it. I really do try to not allow things to be all about me, but we are human and have selfish natures. A former friend of mine used to say all the time, it is not all about you. There is so much truth in that statement. It isn't all about you. There are so many people in the world that you could make a difference to, if you just change the way you look and think about things. Life is hard, and very confusing at times, but if we just remember the little things and think about others every once in a while, life will be much more fulfilling. Just keep this in mind as you do things in your life and don't let your own stuff get in the way of loving others. Christ was the ultimate example of this when he walked the Earth. It was never about Him and He gave the ultimate sacrifice for us, by dying on the cross. Going through your day today, reach out to someone and love them.

No comments: