6.18.2011

Happy

If you stop and think about your life...are you happy?  When you stop and take a good look at what you are doing in your life, and just the stuff that goes on around you, can you say that you are truly happy? What is being happy anyway?  After my "list" and the events that occurred before and after that, I have had a lot of time to reflect on this very question.

First, I had to ask myself, what is being happy anyway?  Is it just a feeling that happens when everything is going smoothly?  When I am not being effected in a negative way?  Sure, that is usually the case, you feel happy when nothing is bringing you down!  But, how can you be happy when things are not going well?  How do you keep that loving feeling when you feel like the world is falling down around you?

My happiness comes from knowing that when the world fails me, God does not.  The most challenging thing to do is change your way of thinking.  Our human nature is to sometimes lean towards the negative way of thinking.  In my current situation, I spend a lot of time in the car, which leaves me a lot of time to think.  Often, those negative thoughts creep in my mind, and when they do, I try to immediately have a conversation with God about it.  I literally tell Him what I was thinking (yes, I know he already knows) and give whatever that thought is, to Him. When I do that, it clears my mind and puts new perspective on whatever it was that I was thinking.  2 Corinthians 10:5 - We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.  Take every thought to God and begin to think more postive.  Your outlook on life will change. 

No comments: