9.07.2007

Shining Light

There was a song that I used to sing when I was little that was called This Little Light of Mine. We sang it with hand motions and it went: This little light of mine...I'm gonna let it shine. The "light" that is shining is Jesus. It is a light you see through people's eyes when they love Jesus and belong to Him.

I had the honor to see this light through someone that I didn't know for very long. His name was Jody and he was 31 years old. He was someone that when you talked to him you could not help but see the light of Jesus in his eyes. He was always smiling and it was contagious. I met him for the first time last year as a new Rep in my office. He walked into my office and we had a conversation about God and the amazing things God was doing in his life and with his family. He talked about how blessed he was by having his wife and child and you could see the love of God through him. Even though he is from Alabama, I didn't hold that against him.... He wasn't there for very long, but I will never forget the love he had for God. The light that shown in his eyes. Soon after he started with us, he found out that he had stage 4 lung cancer. It obviously shocked everyone, including him. Through out the last year I saw him a few times, and each time he was the same. Completely positive, still talking about his love for God, and his eyes were still shining. With everything he was facing, he still allowed the light to shine through him.
Yesterday, the battle ended and Jody went home to be with the Lord.

What I will remember most about him is the light that shown in his eyes. The love he had for God. When you look back on your life will people say that you had a love for God that shined through you? Will you remember that life is too short and you should live it for God to the fullest? Allow God's light to shine through you to show his love to everyone you see.

No comments: