1.05.2008

Praise Him

1 Peter 4:16 - However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name.

There is a song by Casting Crowns called Praise You In This Storm. It is a very popular song with a powerful meaning. It a hard to do, but when you stop focusing on your problem, and put the focus on God, you will see it, and be able to bear it, in a whole new way.

When I was home for Christmas we had a death in the family. Jim was my mothers cousin(Connie) husband. He was 59 years old and lost his battle with cancer on Christmas day. I did not know the family very well, because I have been away for so long, but what I remember of Jim, he was always smiling and laughing. He adored his wife and loved the Lord. What made me think of this song and verse was my mom telling me something Connie did the Sunday night before Christmas. My mom was at their house and their entire family was there. They knew it was any time that Jim would be going home to see the Lord and mom said that Connie cried out to the Lord to comfort and shelter her. In the face of her husbands death, she cried out to the Lord.

Whenever we face something that we think we will never get through, praise God. Praise Him for everything, no matter what it is. When you are going through something that is tough, if you see God's hand in it, you will learn more about yourself. Trials will make you stronger and will help you learn more about yourself. Praise God for the trial and for what He is going to teach you through it. It will be hard, and you may feel like you won't make it through, but God will comfort you and guide you.

No comments: