1.31.2008

Taking time

In your life do you ever find yourself doing something without thinking about it? Every morning I get up at usually the same time, depending on how many times I hit the snooze button. Then I go through my routine. Shower, quiet time, makeup, hair, dressed and out the door for work. The other day, I got it in my head that I was going to get up early and go to the gym because I wasn't going to be able to go to after work. I got up at 4:30...yes, I said it, 4:30 a.m. My routine was not normal that day. I actaully think that my body went into shock because I got up that early and on top of that I worked out for an hour!

It made me think that many times we just go through the motions of life. Often I just go through the motions of my day, doing what needs to be done. I get so busy that I don't stop and take time to really spend quality time with others. I am pulled in so many directions that I dont' take the time for what is important. God commanded us to love. Love others as He loves us. Would God ever get so busy that he didn't take the time to listen? That He wouldn't take the time to stop what he is doing to show His love? My life lately has been consumed with work and I have not been taking time to stop and show God's love to others. What is the point to life if we are not doing God's work? I hope when you read this you will stop focusing so much on what isn't getting done and focus more on those that are around you. Work will always be there tomorrow...people may not be.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Bravo for getting up so early AND working out :)