6.14.2007

65 North

For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Every morning during the week I drive up 65 North to my office. I look forward to this drive because it is a good 30 minutes to have time to pray and I get to see the sign at the Storage Space Place (I am not sure of the real name, I just know you can store stuff there.) The reason why I enjoy it so much is because on the outside of the building they have a sign that scrolls different advertisments for their business. It also has a saying and a bible verse that they change periodically. I try to time my drive just right so I can see what it says, or to see if it has changed. Sometimes I miss it because I have to keep with the flow of traffic, and that always makes me a little dissappointed.

It is usually a saying that applies to my life in one way or another. A few months ago it was "Stand Firm In Your Faith", and at that time I was facing challenges that could have caused me to not be as firm as I should. This week it is "God Has A Plan For You" Jeremiah 29:11. This has been quite significant to me this week because I have had many doors close lately, and am not sure which direction God wants me to go. When I am driving up 65N praying and asking God for the wisdom to know what He wants me to do, that is when I usually look up and see that sign.

I think we all know that God has a plan for us, but how many times do we try to control our own life. Try to make our own path without consulting the One who is leading us? How do we react with our life doesn't go exactly how we think it should? I have had a lot of doors close lately, but I know that God is in control and He has a plan for me. So, thanks storage place people for allowing God to speak to me through a rolling advertisement. Thanks for letting all of 65 North see it too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should do some professional writing