8.04.2008

JEE Day 2

Today was another action filled day with the kids! I got up and made breakfast, then off to the pool we went. It was nice because it was just the 4 of us and that was a lot of fun. They get bored after a couple hours, so I have to plan our day accordingly.

Today was also Evan's 8th birthday. So, of course we went to Chuck E Cheese and played for a few hours. That was after we painted pottery. So today I really think that I got to feel like what it is to be a single mom. I am not a single mom, but today I learned to appreciate them in a whole new way. I honestly can't imagine what it is like, but I know that they have the hardest job in the world. Just to get ready to go today was an event!

As I was getting ready to put my make up on, Emma came in to the bathroom. She was telling me that she was glad I was putting make up on because I don't look very good without it. I couldn't fault her for being honest and she was telling the truth because I don't! Kids are so honest about things and I wondered what it would be like if we all were that honest? What if we said everything that was on our mind? Like I say all the time - it is all in the delivery. How you say things to someone can make all the difference in the world. I am trying to teach my neice and nephews that this week because they say things to each other that they shouldn't and hurt each others feelings. We do need to be honest, but we also need to be more aware of other people and how they perceive us.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Your nieces and nephews sound like a stitch! Have fun!