8.28.2009

Breaks

Today I am off work, which I desperately needed after my seventy hour work week last week. I just can't keep up like I used to :) I treated myself to a massage today, which is a treat that I often don't get. I would have one every week if I could. Maybe I should marry a massage therapist, then I could!

Some people have a preference of whether they have a man or a woman therapist. I prefer a man because woman are too rough. I think they try too hard because they aren't as strong as most men. Some may think this is odd, to pay a perfect stranger to massage you - but I think it is fantastic. It is all how they handle it and how you think of it. When I lived in Ohio, there was a male therapist that I went to all the time. He was the best, and I haven't quite found someone like him here yet. The male therapist I had today was good, but he talked a little too much for my taste. In the middle of the massage, he was trying to guess how tall I was, and it just went down hill from there.

I wanted something to be all about me and not to be needed. I am needed all the time, and I was a little burnt out with it. I feel so selfish saying that, but I needed peace and quiet and just to relax. We are all needed for something each and every day, but we all need breaks. I have realized, that is why people take vacations (which I need as well). Hard work always pays off in the end, but every once in a while, take a break. Refresh yourself and clear your mind. Even Jesus rested when He walked the Earth, and He wants the same for us.

No comments: