8.16.2009

Thankful

In 2005 I went on a mission trip to Mexico and it was an amazing trip. It was extremely hard work, but also extremely fulfilling. What I learned on that trip will be with me for the rest of my life. I hadn't thought about the verse that God showed me that week in a while, but it came up in my bible study the other day, and it brought back so many memories. The simplicity of the verse and the way it spoke to me that week was a valuable lesson that I needed in my life.
I Thessalonians 5: 16-18 says Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. What I needed from this verse that week was no matter what I was dealing with at the time, give thanks in that circumstance. It is so extremely hard to do, and I am still not good at it, but it is so important to know that God always has your best interest at heart. It may be hard, and you may not want to be in the situation you are in, but there is a reason. As you know if you have read my prior blogs, I am not always super excited that I'm single. What I am trying to keep in perspective is that I just need to be thankful for the circumstance I am in. God always has a plan and I just need to trust Him and what He has for me.

No comments: