8.23.2009

It's worth it

I fear that I am a hopeless romantic. Is it bad that I watch romantic movies and want my own story? When I watch these movies and the man truly loves the woman and will do anything to get her, it is hard for me to not want someone to feel the same way about me. Ok, I am aware that they are all a script and life is truly not like that, but for some people, I believe it can be (please keep in mind it is Sunday :)

A long time friend of mine used to tell me that I had "walls" built up around my heart, and for the most part, he was right. I've gotten better about letting people in, but I still don't fully. Along with the love, there can also be hurt and pain that can come along with it. Each time I have let someone get over that wall, I have gotten hurt. When I love someone, I truly love them and give my whole heart to them. Love is a choice, but for me it also has a lot of deep emotion attached to it - if that person is lucky enough to get over that wall.

Everyone goes through hurt and pain eventually. Just like the saying goes, "you hurt the ones you love". Someone is going to hurt you and at the time you may think you won't get over it, but eventually you will. Love is worth the chance even if you are afraid of getting hurt again. Life is short and it's not worth throwing away a chance to be happy with someone who loves you in return.

No comments: